"D-Ring and Strap" tie-downs are an inexpensive, rugged product used on a multitude of cargo transporters, from 1,000-foot ships to simple utility trailers. Weldable D-rings (d rings) serve as tie-down points for difficult to manage loads and can serve as a permanent solution.
Weldable d rings from Tandemloc are forged alloy steel with low-carbon steel straps for excellent joinability. We recommend wrapping the welds around the edge of the straps and avoiding heating the weldable d rings over 500° F (to prevent downgrading the material strength properties of the alloy steel).
Please note that the strength ratings expressed for weldable d rings with strap are "ultimate" loads or "breaking” loads and not "working” loads. The strength is based on a single vertical pull, although most applications will result in the load direction being at an angle or a compound angle.
Consider the angle(s) of pull you will encounter with your application as it increases the strain on the tie down at any given weight load.
- D-RING: Heat-treated alloy steel
STRAP: Low carbon steel
- For lifting purposes, where a 3:1 safety factor to yield is required, the WLL (workload limit) is 1/3 of the max. load without yield. When proof testing is required, the proof test is two x the WLL. Lifting weldable d rings and straps are by request only and have an additional cost.
- For lower-strength stainless steel D-Ring and Straps, see AJ10A00-DS07.
- Weldable d rings and straps are self-colored or primer-painted and bulk-packed. D-rings and straps have temporary corrosion resistance; however, minimal rust spotting from bulk packaging should be expected due to abrasion.
- Parts that are blasted and sprayed with a rust inhibitor have a -BRI after the part number.
- D26 and D110 are MIL Standard 209 Compliance.
- PLEASE NOTE: D-Rings and Straps are ONLY sold together and these items may NOT be purchased individually.