Tandemloc Container Casters rigidly clamp to ISO 1161 Corner Fittings, commonly found on Intermodal Freight Containers and many Military Shelters, generator set-ups, and communication vans. The rigid clamp connection is one of the features that make our Container Casters the most reliable on the market today.
Many designs offer a typical twistlock connection that is not clamped tight. In fact, it is a loose connection, allowing the wheel to bind and scuff along, causing damage to the wheel or floor. Others tighten, but only modestly and the result is the same. If you value your container and its contents, you will appreciate the rock-solid clamped tight connection and overall ruggedness of this product.
Once installed, they provide an efficient way of mobilizing at low speeds (non-highway use). The common uses are moving containers in and out of a facility for maintenance, alterations, upfits, or for complexing and loading shelters. Towbars are also available and these fit the end hole of the corner fitting.
The Container Casters are very rugged products, available in a wide range of capacities and wheel types for different surfaces. The pneumatic casters are recommended for uneven surfaces or when floor damage is a concern. All casters are swivel type with a swivel lock, locking at 90° increments. This offers the user the most flexibility by allowing all to swivel for tight turns or to lock two (rear) if desired when towing.
- FINISH: Top Casterloc is galvanized, bottom caster is painted.
- CALCULATED WEIGHT: See chart below.
- Contact Tandemloc For Available Options and Custom Configurations.
- These casters use a swivel with a swivel locking feature.
- All the casters have an operating temperature of (-40°F to 120°F).
- The Twistlock, wheel mount, and axle are steel. See the chart for the material of the wheels.
- For use in ISO 1161 steel corner fittings as normally used on standard freight containers or similar constructions.
- When placing or removing casters from corners, use a fork truck, as shown below, to raise or lower the Casterloc. Personnel is to stand clear of adjacent areas to avoid injury if accidentally dropped.
- Casters can allow loads to move on unlevel surfaces & crush personnel. Lock swivel casters in towing direction & chock before detaching the tow vehicle. When towing, swivels on the tow end should be unlocked after connecting the tow vehicle & before starting the tow.
For installation instructions see the drawing below or download the PDF.