Tandemloc Manual Container Spreaders are used when our Autoloc feature is not necessary for container engagement. Such applications include but are not limited to - container loading and offloading: whilst at sea, offshore oil rig platforms, and ship-to-ship transfer (such as DOD supply ships). .
- WORK LOAD LIMIT (WLL): See chart below.
- PROOF TESTED: 125% of WLL, w/proof test certificate.
- CALCULATED WEIGHT: See chart below.
- FINISH: Sandblast, prime, and paint safety yellow.
- STANDARDS: DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED TO MEET OR EXCEED ASME B30.20 AND BTH-1, DESIGN CATEGORY B, SERVICE CLASS 0.
- OPERATION: Simple mechanical operation - no electronics or hydraulics. Twistlocks lock/unlock when the wire rope handle is pulled. One handle locks the bayonets, the other handle unlocks the bayonets. Double horn hook wire rope comes standard with a frame. If you require a four-legged bridle, let us know.
- Wire rope rigging has a "Flemish Eye" style termination point, which has been found to be the most reliable and recommended by FEMA over any other style termination point. Built-in "Flipper Guides” allow the crane operator to easily locate the spreader onto the waiting container. Indicator flags located at each corner of the frame provide a positive visual cue of a locked or unlocked spreader. These flags are attached directly to the bayonets.
- CUSTOM OPTIONS: Lifter can be customized for your application, inquire for other load capacities or sizes.
- Click here for Lift Beam that turns your Autoloc into a Non-Containerized Cargo Lifter.
- Emergency Gear Attachment.
- Download PDF maintenance manual shipped with spreader.
Details of the AUTOLOC®
Autoloc® Spreaders have 4 twistlock bayonets which are simultaneously actuated by the slackening of the 4-legged sling from a fully tensioned position. The bayonets twist approximately 90 degrees each time the 4 legged sling assembly is fully slackened and alternates between lock and unlock.
The small diameter cable links the Autoloc® arm located near the center of the spreader to the master link. (This cable does not carry any of the lift load) The Autoloc® system linkage operates the bayonets each time the sling is slackened.