U.S. Navy called on TANDEMLOC to build a "lightweight" 240,000 lbs capacity lift beam
We answered the call with this newly designed lifter made of T-1 alloy steel, high strength at a lighter weight than low carbon steel. The lifter was proof tested in house to 300,000 lbs., not once but several times, so that each padeye was loaded. We also made a special cradle as requested by the Navy. This lifter is just another example of our versatility and capability!
- PROOF TESTED to 125% (300,000 LB) and certified. All padeyes tested in pairs.
- CALCULATED WEIGHT:
Liftbeam: 7,000 LB.
Stand: 935 LB.
- FINISH: Sandblast, prime and paint safety yellow.
- STANDARDS: Specification #EAD21000A applies. Designed to meet or exceed ASME B30.20 & BTH-1, Design Cat. B, Service Class 0.
- CUSTOM OPTIONS: Customized to your needs, inquire for other load capacities or sizes.
- The load should never exceed the working load limit (WLL) specified on the lifter and plate.
- The weight (wt) of the lifter and load should never exceed the rated capacity of the hoist or crane.
- The lifter should be operated by qualified personnel.
- The lifter including all rigging should be visually and mechanically inspected on a scheduled basis by qualified personnel. Defects should be corrected prior to use.
- Any modifications or repairs to the lifter should be made by qualified personnel. If this work is structural, the lifter should be proof or load tested again.
- The lifter should only be used for its designed or designated purpose, and in accordance with manufacture's instructions.
- Personnel should not ride on the lifter, nor place themselves in, under, or directly adjacent to the lifting area.
- A low height test lift should be conducted to confirm lifter function and load stability.
- The lifter load should be balanced such that excessive point loading does not occur.
- All lifting should be done is a smooth, even manner to minimize shock to the lifter and load.
Please inform your salesperson if your lifter is to be used in an underwater environment.