The AQ31 series Aluminum End Caps extend the highly successful concept first developed by Tandemloc with our AC25C End Caps which allow customers to define and assemble ASME B30.20 compliant Spreader Beams. The AQ31 Series Aluminum End Caps provide the same capability while offering a lighter WLL range and a substantially lighter product while offering the strength and durability needed in the sometimes harsh environments confronted in the manufacturing and construction work situations.
With capacities ranging up to 62,000 lbs., the aluminum design offers end users high WLL to lifter weight ratio, flexible “build-your-own” capability and with the lighter lifter weight the AQ31 series product literally allows customers the ability to hand-create a spreader beam without the assistance of a crane or an extra pair of hands. Lighter lifter weight also translates into a higher effective load capability, the real possibility for air transport, single operator recovery vehicle applications, and a lower shipping cost. Our AQ31 series End Caps are made from 6061-T6 aluminum for its high strength and durability in naturally corrosive marine environments typical of areas Tandemloc has found its products in use. All AQ31 sizes are in stock. Utilize the “build-your-own” feature by sourcing your pipe locally or buy the whole package from Tandemloc as we inventory the 6061-T6 pipe! Pipe can be cut to the necessary length for your Spreader Beam. The AQ31 series End Caps are painted with a marine quality double epoxy white paint and are individually proof tested to 125% of the WLL.
- Material is ASTM 6061-T6 Aluminum, Ref.
- Finish: Sandblast, Prime and Paint White
- Designed and Manufactured to meet or exceed ASME B30.20 and BTH-1, Design Category B, Service Class 0.
- Spreader beam assemblies made up of End Caps and cut to length pipe can be proof tested & certified for the loads shown in the chart below upon request.
- It is the user's responsibility to conform to the span and the pipe specifications exactly as indicated!
- Caution: Never use a sling angle of less than specified. NEVER EXCEED THE WORK LOAD LIMIT (WLL) for the pipe, per the span indicated, nor the capacity of the end cap! Failure to stay within these limits could result in lifter assembly failure, leading to property damage, injury or death from a falling load.
- WLL MAX @ 45° per Pair: 30,000 LB.
- WLL MAX @ 60° per Pair: 40,000 LB.
- Proof Tested to: 50,000 LB
- Calculated Weight Each: 14 LB